Celecoxib is a generic drug whose brand names is Celebrex. It is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), a COX-2 inhibitor that relieves pain and swelling caused by arthritis and other conditions. The medicine also treats acute pain and menstrual cramps. The Celebrex 200 mg price on our website is around $29.00 – $220.00 depending on different powers.
Dosage And Direction of Celebrex 200 mg
Before using the medication, one should read the Medication Guide provided when purchasing the drug. To avoid any confusion, one should consult the doctor for questions and clarity. Celebrex 50mg capsules should be taken orally once or twice a day, with food to reduce stomach upset. To ensure safe and effective use of the drug, one should take the lowest effective dose and only for the prescribed shortest duration of time.
Precautions to consider when under Celebrex 200 mg medication are as follows:
1. Drug use for long may increase the risks of developing cardiovascular thrombotic events.
2. Celebrex 50 mg capsules may cause serious gastrointestinal (GI) adverse events including inflammation, bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, or large intestine, which can be fatal.
3. The drug may cause hypertension or worsen a preexisting one. Blood should be monitored during the initiation of therapy and throughout the therapy course.
4. Fluid retention and oedema may occur while using the medication.
5. Long term use of the drug may lead to renal papillary necrosis and other renal injuries.
6. The medicine may cause anaphylactic reactions to patients with or without known hypersensitivity to the drug or in patients with aspirin-sensitive asthma.
7. Severe skin reactions may occur, including erythematic multiform, exfoliative dermatitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS), toxic epidermal necrolysis, among others.
Celebrex 200 mg is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to the active ingredient Celecoxib. It is also not prescribed to people with a medical history of conditions such as asthma, urticaria, or other allergic-type reactions. Other conditions such a heart attack, hypertension, anaemia, dehydration, chronic heart failure, systemic mastocytosis, alcoholism, blood clot, pregnancy, liver problems,are also contraindicated with the Celebrex capsule 100 mg drug.
Possible Side Effects
When taking the Celebrex 200 mg, the following side effects may occur:
· Stomach upset or gas
· Severe headache
· Weight gain
· Increased appetite
· Swelling of the hands or feet
· Pain and swelling in the groin
· Change in the amount of urine
· Painful swallowing
· Unusual tiredness
· Liver damage such as persistent nausea, vomiting, severe stomach pain, yellowing of the eyes and skin, and dark urine.
· Allergic reactions including rash, itching, swelling of the face, tongue, or throat, severe dizziness, and trouble breathing.
When the above symptoms or others occur, one should call the doctor immediately.
Some drug interactions with Celebrex 200 mg may result in fatal side effects and should be avoided. To be on the safe side, the patient should inform the doctor of all the possible drugs they take or may take while under medication.
One should take a missed dose of Celebrex 200 mg immediately or skip it when it is time for the next scheduled dose. The next dose should be taken as directed by the doctor.
An overdose treatment should be supportive and symptomatic. When one manifests the symptoms such as trouble breathing and fainting, they should call the doctor immediately for medical assistance.
One should store Celebrex 200 mg at proper room temperature, away from direct sunlight, excessive heat, and moisture. To ensure children’s safety, the drug should be stored where they cannot reach.