Diclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that blocks hormones causing pain and inflammation in the body. Diclofenac 75mg tablet is used to treat mild to moderate pain, or the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and menstrual cramps.
Where to buy Diclofenac
The drug is available in most pharmacies, and Diclofenac 75mg price at our pharmacy store is around $32.10 – $101.65, depending on various strength. This may vary in some drug stores with coupons and discounts offers. One can also buy Diclofenac sodium gel as an over-the-counter drug in the US and other countries. With the over-the-counter option available, one can buy Diclofenac sodium gel at competitive prices.
Dosage And Direction of Diclofenac 75mg
The doctor should prescribe Diclofenac 75mg dosage, and one should not take more than recommended. The standard dose is as follows:
· Adult dose for osteoarthritis is Diclofenac 50 mg, which is taken orally for 2 to 3 times a day, or Diclofenac 75 mg tablet which is taken orally for 2 times a day with a maximum of 150 mg.
· Adult dose for ankylosing spondylitis is Diclofenac 25 mg taken orally taken 4 times a day. The maximum dose is 125 mg per day.
· Adult dose for dysmenorrheal is 50 mg taken orally 3 times a day.
· Adult dose for rheumatoid arthritis is Diclofenac sod 75 mg tab which is taken by mouth twice a day for a maximum dose of 225 mg daily.
· Adult dose for migraine is Diclofenac 50 mg (1 packet) potassium for an oral solution once a day.
The doctor should only direct doses for pain and other adjustments for renal and liver.
· The drug should not be used just before or after the heart bypass surgery (coronary artery bypass graft, CABG).
· The medication may cause some sudden fatal stomach or intestinal bleeding.
· Diclofenac 75mg use may cause the risk of serious cardiovascular thrombotic events such as stroke and myocardial infarction.
· The drug safety and efficacy have not been established in patients younger than 18 years.
· People with a history of allergic reactions to aspirin and any NSAIDs drugs should not use the medication.
· The drug is contraindicated while performing coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.
Possible Side Effects
The possible side effects of Diclofenac 75mg tab are as follows:
· Stomach pain
· Cloudy urine
· Bloody or black, tarry stools.
· Easily bruising and increased bleeding time
· Itching skin and rash
· Pale skin
· Trouble breathing
· Unusual fatigue
· Weight loss, among others.
The drug interacts with other medications, and one should be careful not to take different medicines together with Diclofenac. To be on the safe side, the patient should inform the doctor about any other drugs or herbal products they use.
One should take the missed dose of Diclofenac 75mg as fast as possible when they remember but should skip it if its time for the next dose.
The symptoms of an overdose of Diclofenac 75mg may be agitation, vision changes, confusion, depression, hives, trouble breathing, mood changes, muscle twitching, seizures, sleepiness, slow or fast heartbeat, and tight chest. When one experiences the above symptoms or another discomfort after taking more than the recommended dose, they should seek immediate medical attention.
Diclofenac 75mg should be stored at room temperature, away from excessive heat, direct sunlight, and moisture. To ensure the safety of children, one should store the medication away from their reach.