Indocin also called Indomethacin, is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used for treating fever, pain, stiffness, and swelling from inflammation. Indocin 25 mg is indicated for moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing, osteoarthritis, acute shoulder pain, and acute gouty arthritis.
One can buy Indocin online at most pharmacies at affordable prices. Indomethacin50 mg online on our website is around $33.77 – $174.82 due to coupons and offer discounts in many drug stores.
Dosage And Direction of Indocin 25 mg
To ensure the safe and effective use of Indocin medication, it should be taken at the lowest effective dosing possible and for the shortest duration of time. The initial dose of Indocin 25 mg should be adjusted to suit the patient’s response to treatment. The Indomethacin 25 mg dose is normally taken twice or thrice a day and may be increased to Indocin 50 mg as required, at weekly intervals until a satisfactory response is obtained or until a total daily dose of 150 to 200 mg (30 to 40 mL) is reached. Taking doses more than 200 mg does not increase the effectiveness of the medication. For dose adjustments, the patient has to be closely monitored by the doctor.
Precautions to be considered while taking the Indomethacin 25 mg capsules include:
· The medication may increase the patient’s risk of cardiovascular thrombotic events such as stroke and myocardial infarction, especially to people with a known Cardiovascular disease or at risk for the disease. This can be reduced by using the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration possible.
· The medication should not be used just before or after heart bypass surgery (coronary artery bypass graft, CABG).
· The Indomethacin 25 mg oral capsule may also cause serious and fatal gastrointestinal adverse events such as inflammation, bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, or large intestine.
Indocin generic medication is not indicated to people with hypersensitivity to the drug, having a history of asthma, urticaria, or other allergic-type reactions to aspirin or NSAIDs drugs. The patient should inform the doctor if they have the above or other conditions that may be contraindicated.
Possible Side Effects
The common side effects of Indomethacin 25 mg cap drug include:
Rare serious side effects include:
· Abdominal or stomach cramping, burning, or tenderness
· Bloody or black, tarry stools
· Blurred vision
· Blue lips and fingernails
· Breast enlargement and tenderness
· Canker sores
· Hearing changes
· Dark urine
· Extreme fatigue
· Fever with or without chills, among others.
Not all of the above side effects may occur; however, if they do occur, one should seek immediate medical attention.
One should always take care not to take other drugs together with Indocin for fatal side effects or less-effective Indocin medication. Therefore, the patient should inform the doctor of any other drug or product they take or will be taking together with Indocin.
One should be keen not to miss a dose of Indocin 25 mg. If they accidentally miss it, they should take it as soon as they remember. When it is time for the next dose, they should skip the missed dose and follow their normal dosing schedule as earlier on directed.
An overdose may be indicated by drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, and epigastric pain. Others include hypertension, acute renal failure, respiratory depression, and coma. In such a case, one should immediately reach out to their doctor for assistance.
Indocin 25 mg should be stored at room temperature. The place should be away from heat, moisture, and children’s reach.