Prednisolone is a corticosteroid hormone medication used for treating Rheumatic, Endocrine, Hematologic and nervous disorders. Prednisolone 5mg also treats Collagen, Dermatologic, Respiratory, Ophthalmic and Neoplastic diseases. It lowers the immune system’s response to various diseases and reduces pain, swelling, and allergic-type reactions.
Buy Prednisolone 5mg tablets UK:
Most people usually Google the question, “Can you buy Prednisolone over the counter?” Prednisolone is a prescription medication and one may not be able to buy it over the counter in pharmacies in the UK. The Prednisolone 5mg price is around $30.50 – $161.30 on our website.
One can also buy Prednisolone for dogs in UK at a reasonable price depending on the pharmacy and quantity they buy. One can also buy Prednisolone for cats in UK and the dose should be as directed.
Dosage And Direction
Initial dose recommended is the Prednisolone 5mg which can be extended to 60 mg per day, and is taken orally with food or milk to prevent stomach upset. However, the dose may be adjusted to fit particular conditions, including asthma, depending on the severity, age, and the patient’s response to treatment. Prednisolone 5mg tablets for asthma is taken for 5-10 days, which can be adjusted to 50 mg. This should be done under constant monitoring to evaluate the lowest dosage which will maintain an adequate clinical response. For use in children lower than the age of 18 years old, the dose and direction should be suggested by the doctor.
While taking the Prednisolone 10 mg tablet drug, one should take the following precautions:
· One should avoid stopping the medication suddenly to keep-off the withdrawal symptoms such as nausea, muscle pain, headache, dizziness, and fatigue.
· The drug should be used with caution in patients with ocular herpes simplex because of possible corneal perforation.
· The lowest dose of Prednisolone should be used to control the condition under treatment and the reduction on dosage, when possible, should be done so gradually.
· Existing emotional instability or psychotic tendencies may be aggravated by using the drug.
· The drug should be used with caution in nonspecific ulcerative colitis, if there is the probability of impending perforation, abscess or other pyogenic infection such as diverticulitis, fresh intestinal anastomoses active or latent peptic ulcer, renal insufficiency, hypertension, osteoporosis, and myasthenia gravis.
· The drug may interfere with the growth and development of infants and children under medication for prolonged times.
· The decisions of the dose and duration of treatment should be made while carefully weighing the risk/benefit of the drug on the patient.
· Patients under medication should avoid exposure to chickenpox or measles, and if accidentally exposed, they should seek medical advice immediately.
Prednisolone is contraindicated with systemic fungal infections, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, psychoses, inactive and active tuberculosis, and diabetes, among others. The patient should confirm with the doctor all possible contraindications before using the medication.
Possible Side Effects
The possible side effects of Prednisolone 40 mg includes:
· Nausea and vomiting
· Menstrual irregularities
· Muscle weakness and vertebral compression fractures
· Heartburn, among others.
One should reach out to their doctor when they manifest the above or other symptoms.
One should be cautious not to take any other medicines, including herbal, over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, and illegal products without the consent of the doctor. Else it may result in increased risks of fatal side effects or the Prednisolone may not be effective in treatment.
A missed dose should be taken as soon as one remembers. However, if it is almost time for their next dose, one should skip the missed one and proceed with the regular dosing schedule as before.
In case one takes more than the recommended dose, they should consult their doctor immediately for medical advice without any delay.
The drug should be stored at room temperature, away from excessive heat, moisture, and children’s reach.